7th 8dio Freebie - Songwriting Guitar

Reid Rosefelt

Songwriting Guitar is the 6th 8dio freebie.Ā  I wonder if there will be 8 of them?Ā  šŸ˜€Ā  Get it HERE

Full retail version of Kontakt 5.5 or later required!!!

• Acoustic and Electric Guitar Strums and Licks
  • Acoustic Guitar Strums (Major/Minor Chords)
  • Electric (clean) Guitar Strums (Major/Minor Chords)
  • Electric (distorted) Guitar Strums (Major/Minor Chords)
  • Electric (clean / distorted) Solo licks (Major/Minor Chords)
  • Host-Tempo Syncronization (adjust to your sequencer tempo)
Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Thanks 7

2 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

Is this any good? Yeah, I know itā€™s free but Ā  myĀ hard drive is getting pretty full . How does it compare with, say, Ā AAASā€™s Strum?

I have Version 1...this is V2...and V1 is interesting.Ā  As always, get it...if it doesn't
float your boat...sink it!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Where are the other 5 Freebies :D

Interesting .. I am on there newsletter list but do not get emails about these freebies.

Ā 

If you go to the 8dio website click on "On The House" tab. I see 6 freebies there already so this one is the 7th for me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LAGinz said:

Is this any good? Yeah, I know itā€™s free but Ā  myĀ hard drive is getting pretty full . How does it compare with, say, Ā AAASā€™s Strum?

I had V1 and then got the V2 update free.Ā  If you find a pattern that works then it's useful but it is fairly limited, actually really limited in comparison to newer offerings like NI's Strummed acoustic series. Impact soundworks has a really good one as well called Acoustic revolutions 3 (1 and 2 were just wav loops whereas AR3 is a whole new beast). I was actually so dissapointed in Songwriting guitar thatĀ I wrote 8Dio support about it. At the time I paid $100 for it. They were actually gracious enough to let me choose a different product of equal value due to my complaint so sometimes they will bend but I've heard plenty of stories where they weren't so generous to others. For free, it's a great product but this is one 8Dio product I wouldn't pay for.

Edited by Patrick Derbidge
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I downloaded this. Looks like a great way to build a decent acoustic guitar song. This product does not appear to use an installer....comes with 3 rar folders. I unzipped and consolidated folders. Loaded into both Kontakt 5 and 6. Documentation mentions an exe called-Ā  Ā Songwriting Guitar PC Installer.exe. I'll be danged if I can find it.

Just now, Starise said:

Ā Documentation mentions an exe called-Ā  Ā Songwriting Guitar PC Installer.exe. I'll be danged if I can find it.

that's basically the contents of the 3rd RAR - nothing to worry about.
8Dio documentation is traditionally several years behind the actual product.

You have everythingĀ  you needĀ Ā (not a phrase that we use much on the "deals" forum ! :)Ā )

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, chris.r said:

If you go to the 8dio website click on "On The House" tab. I see 6 freebies there already so this one is the 7th for me.

You are right.Ā  I stupidly assumed this new "On the House" freebie would be listed in the dropdown menu.

I think we can almost guarantee that one more is coming, because 8dio has this thing about the number 8, which they explain on this page. Ā  All their prices have an 8 in them, which must have cost them a lot of money if you figure the dollar/euro/etc they are missing out on with each library. Ā 

Ā 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

As much as I appreciate 8dio offering these freebs which I would gladly leave something in the tip jar however there are issues with the install. I have had issues with their libraries before. I used two different extraction programs including the one they recommend. The files extract however there is no program to extract exe in the file.

I was able to look for the files and get the library loaded , but I get those grey boxes because it can't find the graphics. Same issue I had with them before on libs I bought. Their advice for the issue is to try the installation program again....but there isn't an installation program?? My unzip utility isn'tĀ seeing anything?Ā  There isn't anything inĀ  their unzipped folder.....I think they left it out.

See pics-

8dio1.JPG

clip 2.JPG

clip 3.JPG

You unzipped 3 folders clicked on the first folder and everything opened? Not happening here....I downloaded the files twice. Possible corruption from this server.

If it isn't going to open and I can't find the exe.... I'm not going to waste time.Ā  I did email Troels to see what he says. There should be an exe in my folder. There isn't.

It looks like part 1 is most of the samples and part 2 which is the rest of that 1st folder . The 3rd fileĀ isĀ the instruments. I used Z zipĀ . If there are 3 sequential foldersĀ there should be a utility to unpack and assimilate all files. If that happened automatically for you great. The smallest or instrument folder is usually the folder that has the unpack exe in it. Mine had nothing. Are you saying one of the files isn't an RAR? All three of mine are.

clip4.JPG

you end up with 3 files

8DIO Songwriting Guitar v2.part1.rar
8DIO Songwriting Guitar v2.part2.rar

are 2 parts of the SAME rar archive

8DIO Songwriting Guitar v2_514152.rar

is the 2nd rar archive

if you use 7-zip will extract them into the same (correct) folder -Ā  you only need to unrar the part1 file and the 514152 file ....it looks from your screengrab that it's created a separate folder for each file ?

without explaining it further try 7-zip

Ā 

Edited by simon