Is anyone able to use Ample Sounds "Strummer" with success In Cakewalk?

yeto

4 hours ago, JoeGBradford said:

I was running through the different rhythm patterns on Ample Sound guitar the other day and it crashed Cakewalk - I was going through quite quickly though so that may have been the problem

Were you using vst3 or vst2 version. In talking with Ample they want me to try vst2 to correct problem. 

I just tried vst2 Ample Sounds AGLP as Ample suggested and there is no difference. This is sooooooo disappointing. Does Cakewalk have some built in feature that I am missing that will mimic/emulate up/down guitar strokes?

Thank you,
yeto 

I was finally able to get Ample Sounds Strummer to work. The matching key switches were off by a couple of octaves. Strummer said to put the strum notes starting at C1 but it only works for me if I start at C3. Also, I have the strum pattern at C6 and above.

Edited by yeto
  • Haha 1

@yetoThe problem is that there is no proper way to define what is C3! There are different opinions about that, especially for guitar or male voices.

The default for CbB for displaying the octaves is that it starts from 0 (I guess they made it like that to avoid negative octave values). But you can configure in 'Preferences > Customization > Display' the value 'Base Octave for Pitches', and if you set it to -2 it matches most definitions for Vst instruments, also for Ample Sound! I think it would be better if the Bakers would use this as default value, because many people have/had trouble with the current default value! 😡

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

3 hours ago, marled said:

@yetoThe problem is that there is no proper way to define what is C3! There are different opinions about that, especially for guitar or male voices.

The default for CbB for displaying the octaves is that it starts from 0 (I guess they made it like that to avoid negative octave values). But you can configure in 'Preferences > Customization > Display' the value 'Base Octave for Pitches', and if you set it to -2 it matches most definitions for Vst instruments, also for Ample Sound! I think it would be better if the Bakers would use this as default value, because many people have/had trouble with the current default value! 😡

Thank you. This is good information that will be very helpful. Thank you for taking time out of your day to share.

yeto