I think it is not necessary as I am using the latest version of Cakewalke.
Version 2019.12 (build 26, 64 bit)
My operating system is Windows 10.

When I am starting Cakewalke, I get the following message:
"There are no audio devices for the current driver model on your system. Go to Edit | Preferences | Audio | Playback & Recording, and choose a different driver model."

I try to make the suggested correction, but there is no driver model to choose from.

The version of Cakewalk is probably not relevant, as it's not the DAW's job to discover audio devices; that's Windows' responsibility. If the DAW can't see the device, it's because Windows cannot see it. Actually, Windows doesn't look for devices but rather for device drivers. Your problem is therefore most likely a driver issue -- unless it's faulty hardware, anyway.

Has this interface been used successfully on this machine in the past? If you can use it to listen to music or watch movies on this computer, then you can assume that the hardware and USB port are functioning properly. (Note that I am assuming you use this audio interface for all audio, not just with Cakewalk.)

If you've never used this interface with this computer before, then I'd suggest going to the manufacturer's website and downloading its ASIO driver. (Re-)installing the driver may solve your problem.