PA Pick A Code

cclarry

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

So far they have done nothing but take up drive space or add more time to the plugin scan.   I got them cheap because they were.....cheap.  Stuff I like DrumXchanger, EQ Ranger Plus was a waste even at $4.  Maybe that was their game all along is to get some cash on a bunch of plugins that are never going to be updated.

I'm trying to break the get plugins for cheap cycle but that went out the window with Audio Assault.

I have only one or two Audio Assault plugins. I'm not saying that they're not good but... many times I have the impression that they are just copies of some more expensive plugins from other companies (maybe even modeled after them, but I'm just guessing here). For instance, Head Crusher is a cheeky copy of Soundtoys Decapitator. Too similar to be just coincidence. I don't like and don't encourage this kind of approach.

As for Plugin Alliance maybe I'm just lucky. When I started buying their products they were really expensive. But then they started giving those vouchers and... well...

Here´s a list of the plugins I got for free (zero, zilch, nothing): Unfiltered Audio Fault, Vertigo VSC-2, Millennia TCL-2, ProAudioDSP DSM v3, SSL bx_Console E.

And for $5 I got:  ADA Flanger, ENGL E646 VS, Unfiltered Audio Zip.

For $9 I got the bx_Subsynth.

And so on...

I'm not saying that these are the best audio plugins of the entire universe but, IMO, they're far from being just disk drive space takers.

As I said... maybe I'm just lucky 😉

Edited by Sergio
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

Monthly codes go out on the 8th 

I wish PA did things for every month less secretly to allow to plan some expenses not to be involved whole month in checking for deals and guessing if it would be right moment :(