2019.12 Feedback

Morten Saether

On 1/7/2020 at 3:25 PM, paulo said:

I will remain at whatever version is the last until I am forced to change the pc.

My plan also. I really despise Windows 10. No offense meant toward those like it (or are able to tolerate it).  Just my (somewhat paranoid Luddite) opinion). 

• Meh 1

8 minutes ago, mdiemer said:

My plan also. I really despise Windows 10. No offense meant toward those like it (or are able to tolerate it).  Just my (somewhat paranoid Luddite) opinion). 

Those who feel the need to preach that not upgrading a win7 pc to win10 amounts to some kind of inexplicable lunacy also tend to overlook this statement from the official microsoft end of support statement......

"We recommend that you don’t install Windows 10 on an older device, as some Windows 7 devices are not compatible with Windows 10 or could experience reduced feature availability."

• Like 3
  • Meh 1

On 1/7/2020 at 4:07 PM, AxlBrutality said:

Change is hard and scary.  But it's absolutely necessary and something I think older folks here are having a hard time accepting.

Age has nothing to do with it. Besides, we all know that people get smarter as they get older, right?😏

• Haha 1
  • Meh 1

On 1/9/2020 at 4:36 PM, Apeirofobia said:

I'm getting the Melodyne error again with this new update. Everytime I create a FX Region, Melodyne doesnt display the notes. I have to close the window and open it again to see them.

I get that a lot with this and previous builds and when it happens I usually hit play then stop (assuming the now time is just before the clip). This action seems to make the notes display in melodyne.

Edited by ZincT

3 hours ago, ZincT said:

I get that a lot with this and previous builds and when it happens I usually hit play then stop (assuming the now time is just before the clip). This action seems to make the notes display in melodyne.

The previous update fixed this behaviour, but with this 2019.12 update I'm getting it again.

25 minutes ago, Apeirofobia said:

The previous update fixed this behaviour, but with this 2019.12 update I'm getting it again.

I skipped 2019.11 and went from 2019.09 to 2019.12 and I'm pretty sure it was happening in 2019.09.

So maybe it was temporarily fixed in 2019.11? 

Edited by ZincT

On 1/15/2020 at 5:15 PM, ZincT said:

I skipped 2019.11 and went from 2019.09 to 2019.12 and I'm pretty sure it was happening in 2019.09.

Not sure when it started, but I can confirm that it happens to me in 2019.09 - haven't felt inclined to install the later updates yet.

Clicking on the clip in question brings it up immediately so it seems like it is drawn, but not displaying for some reason.

EDIT 17/01/19 : Further to above, out of curiosity checked and can confirm that Melodyne (v 4.2.4.001) works as expected in final version of Platinum, so it seems to be a bandlab version that has caused this problem. This hasn't always happened to me and previously the only BL versions I have installed are 2019.05 and 2019.07 so I guess it got broken in either .07 or .09 and as it feels like a relatively recent issue I would guess at 2019.09. HTH.

Edited by paulo
  • Thanks 1

I use a focusrite 616 2nd Gen and after the latest update i had lots of pops and crackles however I also updated the focusrite control that same day and it turned out that it was more to do with the latest focusrite drivers so i put older versions in and no problems now. Maybe folk with focusrite scarlett's should try that. 

On 1/8/2020 at 8:17 PM, razor7music said:

Well, guess I'm the only one. As an update, if I hit ctrl+s and save the project and then try to close CW 1 second later, I'm still prompted if I want to save the project. 😞

Does this happen with every project? Even a clean, new, empty one? The reason I ask is that some VSTs can tell Cakewalk that settings have changed, even if you don't make any manual changes to the project. I had a virtual minimogue that used to do this - even after hitting save, I'd almost immediately see the asterisk come back in the project name in the title bar, indicating that Cakewalk thinks the project had changed. (internal LFO or something was emitting a "project changed" event...)

• Like 1

On 1/8/2020 at 2:38 PM, micv said:

This is specific to 2019.12:

As I mentioned earlier I have issue with Midi dropping out starting with 2019.11.  The midi buffer default value in my config, for as long I as have used Cake, is 200msec.

In 2019.12, since there was a changed in midi buffer recently I played with the setting and increased by 50msec (250, 300, 350, 400) for each test case.  when the buffer set at 400msec, there's no drop out.

fwiw apparently the new midi 'auto buffer' requires the buffer to be set much higher (twice?) and not automatic as stated.

My question is then is there any negative impact if the buffer is set too high?

Thanks so much @micv this totally saved me!!!

Details below for anyone else having this issue:

200ms MIDI buffer was working fine for me on a project with ~100 plugins, 150 tracks, no issues, until I upgraded DMG TrackComp from v1 to v2, then everything was stuttering and cutting out. Also had this same issue with Mastering The Mix's REFERENCE plugin. I would get dropouts with error reason 1 : Audio processing took longer than the buffers allotted time slice. My audio buffer was already at the max of 4096 samples (which is standard for me when I'm mixing).  I was at a loss until I upped the MIDI buffer to 400ms. Smooth as a baby's bee-hind. 

Thanks again. You've really saved my *****.

Under "Bug Fixes":

"Deleting data clears the selection"

IMHO it wasn't a bug. Is there an option to KEEP the selection after deleting? In my workflow (podcasts & voice overs), I delete tons of sections and I miss just being able to use "SHIFT + G" to jump to my edit point for checking my edits.

Thanks.

Wally

On 1/18/2020 at 9:17 AM, Colin Nicholls said:

Does this happen with every project? Even a clean, new, empty one? The reason I ask is that some VSTs can tell Cakewalk that settings have changed, even if you don't make any manual changes to the project. I had a virtual minimogue that used to do this - even after hitting save, I'd almost immediately see the asterisk come back in the project name in the title bar, indicating that Cakewalk thinks the project had changed. (internal LFO or something was emitting a "project changed" event...)

Let me check that and post back. I know it didn't used to happen on the same project I'm working on now, but I have added vst's so that's a good question.

EDIT: I'm in studio now, and yes, it is just this current project that asks me to save after the project is saved--so I'm going to go with your suggestion that there's a vst I'm using that is making CW think something has changed since the latest save.

Edited by razor7music