Jump to content
Morten Saether

2019.12 Feedback

Recommended Posts

Wow, December's update in the nick of time!

Seriously, many thanks for all the CWbB team's efforts, and a Happy and Prosperous New Year to you!

🥂🍾

Edited by Skyline_UK
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I updated to 2019.12.26 yesterday (from 2019.09) via Bandlab Assistant and it seems to work fine. I tried a few of my bigger projects and all OK so far 👍

The only installation anomaly was with Bandlab Assistant which decided to log me out half way through the Cakewalk update download. I logged back in and it continued from where it left off and installed the new version of Cakewalk okay.

FYI I enabled Plug-In Load Balancing a while back as I was getting spiking on a single CPU core most of the time. The load has been much more evenly spread since I did this. 

Thanks and Happy New Year to Bakers and all at Bandlab.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to update very badly, but I'm a bit scared after reading about the problems with 2019.11.  I will wait a bit to see if anything crops up that might be a problem, especially since you can't revert to an earlier version that is stable.  However, I will update when I am less afraid.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What would be most useful information for me is, if all the recent issues with crackling and performance issues where people had to adjust their asio buffers to much higher values to be able to play their projects, is resolved or not. We don't have much response back if the issues are gone now or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just updated to 2019.12 yesterday and all of my projects are playing back with a ton of "bit crush" sounding distortion. I'm running through a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. No noticeable issues on Ableton or any other applications.

 

Edit: Read the thread and saw someone mention increasing buffer. That solved the distortion issue, but it's going to be nearly impossible to record MIDI with that amount of latency.

Edited by Wesley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Wesley said:

Just updated to 2019.12 yesterday and all of my projects are playing back with a ton of "bit crush" sounding distortion. I'm running through a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. No noticeable issues on Ableton or any other applications.

 

Edit: Read the thread and saw someone mention increasing buffer. That solved the distortion issue, but it's going to be nearly impossible to record MIDI with that amount of latency.

@Wesley we're testing Focusrite devices and not seeing any such issues. What prior version of Cakewalk did you update from  and what buffer size are you running at?

Also what version of the 2i2 do you have and have you updated the latest drivers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I am using a Lynx Aurora with thunderbolt connection.  Is it fairly safe to try out the latest update to Bandlab Cakewalk?  Is it likely that the posts are mainly people having issues?  Thank you, Noel, for all your great work through the years!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Alan there was a user @rv729 who had an issue with a different Lynx PCI device. Ensure that you turn off MMCSS in Preferences | Audio | Playback and recording and it should work fine. This is a Lynx driver issue that they are fixing. 

 Other than that we have no other reports of Lynx issues.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Noel.  If you have an External Insert, on a bus in my case, and Midi track, the midi playback would drop out intermittently.  Reproduce by stop-start the project a few times and it will eventually occurred.  Will occur in audio export also. This issue occurs in the previous release also (2019.11)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been the distortion issue for a while. The distortion comes up randomly when I record then I have to rerecord. I am using the ESI juli@ xte recording in 192khz sample rate. It has been super annoying to change buffer sizes to see if that fixes the issue. I thought it was an XLR cord issue so I bought a new one and the issue persists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2020 at 10:39 AM, Noel Borthwick said:

@Wesley we're testing Focusrite devices and not seeing any such issues. What prior version of Cakewalk did you update from  and what buffer size are you running at?

Also what version of the 2i2 do you have and have you updated the latest drivers?

@Noel Borthwick thanks for the quick response - gotta say that I've been extremely impressed with the Bandlab team's thoughtful updates and service to users. Updated from the last update (2019.11 I believe), which didn't have any issues that I noticed.

My Focusrite drivers were outdated. I went ahead and installed the latest drivers and that fixed the issue! Thanks again for your help.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this was updated in the previous hotfix, nit the latest update, so apologies if that's the case. Either way, it's still the same in the current version:

The new split behaviour, that creates a crossfade on a split is cool. However, it doesn't follow the default selected crossfade for most crossfade options. For example, I generally use "Slow out, fast in", and that becomes "fast out, fast in" when splitting. The first couple of options work ok, but the rest give different (wrong) results.

Is this just me, or has anyone else seen this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Noel Borthwick

Just dropping in to say that (other than that annoying Toneforge issue y'all have been working on) I have had zero issues with anything.  CbB has been running beautifully...this is the most stable and smooth Cakewalk (or Sonar, for that matter) has ever been for me. Keep up the great work, guys!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi:)

@AxlBrutality

>>>this is the most stable and smooth Cakewalk (or Sonar, for that matter) has ever been for me. Keep up the great work, guys!

I can confirm this:)

 

Bassman.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, John T said:

I think this was updated in the previous hotfix, nit the latest update, so apologies if that's the case. Either way, it's still the same in the current version:

The new split behaviour, that creates a crossfade on a split is cool. However, it doesn't follow the default selected crossfade for most crossfade options. For example, I generally use "Slow out, fast in", and that becomes "fast out, fast in" when splitting. The first couple of options work ok, but the rest give different (wrong) results.

Is this just me, or has anyone else seen this?

@John T - thank's for pointing this out. It looks like it's using the fade-in curve for both fade-in and fade-out. I'll make sure it's fixed for the next version.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, al11588 said:

 

I have been the distortion issue for a while. The distortion comes up randomly when I record then I have to rerecord. I am using the ESI juli@ xte recording in 192khz sample rate. It has been super annoying to change buffer sizes to see if that fixes the issue. I thought it was an XLR cord issue so I bought a new one and the issue persists.

@al11588 If you get random distortion it would seem to be a system load issue. One cause of distortion is when the driver isn't getting buffers processed in time. If you are running at low latency and have a heavy project this is more likely to stress the system. 
Please be more specific about when you saw this issue and which update you first noticed it. It is most likely completely unrelated to anything changed in recent updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...