Track Volume Not Sticking For Certain Tracks

yoeti

Question

Hello,

I'm new to Cakewalk, and new to DAW software in general.  I've been playing around the last few days, doing very simple things like adding new tracks, using VST instruments, etc.

One problem I'm having is that for whatever reason, I'm not able to set the volume value for some tracks, and have it "stick".  As soon as I change it and release the mouse button, the value for the track volume reverts back a different value.  It's like something in the track is overriding whatever value I try to set using the volume control.   I hope that makes sense.  

As I mentioned, this is only happening for certain tracks, and I'm not sure WHY some tracks exhibit this behavior and some tracks work as I expect.

Any ideas?  I'm not even sure what additional information might be helpful in solving the problem.  If there's anything specific that would be useful, let me know.

Thanks

2 answers to this question

This happens when a track has an automation envelope setup for volume.

It is easy to do by accident. Opening up automation lanes automatically creates a volume envelope.

There is a small indicator next to the Volume label above the slider if the track has volume automation.

To deleted a volume envelope change the edit filter drop down in the track header to automation, select Volume then right-click the envelope and delete it. Envelopes may also be deleted by opening the automation lanes and using the same process. Deleting the automation lane by clicking the - in the lane header does NOT delete the automation envelope.

m4Mqmbf.gif

If the volume automation was added on purpose and the track needs the entire envelope adjusted temporarily switch to offset mode.

For more info on automation see https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Automation.01.html