Tracktion 3 Day New Year Sale

cclarry

hi,

I've just bought my first interface (umc 204hd). so now i own waveform 8 oem, so I was thinking about upgrading.

Don't know the software, but I know it comes with "Auto-Tune Access" and "Melodyne Essential". Can they be used in another daw is that the license is limited to "'waveform 10"? And can they be upgraded later?

thanks

11 minutes ago, asigol said:

hi,

I've just bought my first interface (umc 204hd). so now i own waveform 8 oem, so I was thinking about upgrading.

Don't know the software, but I know it comes with "Auto-Tune Access" and "Melodyne Essential". Can they be used in another daw is that the license is limited to "'waveform 10"? And can they be upgraded later?

thanks

Auto Tune Access is tied to Waveform, but Melodyne Essential is not tied to it and can be used in
any DAW...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, asigol said:

A few quick comments. Traktion's Waveform has a workflow that is unique, so I would recommend using it and liking the workflow before getting excited about an upgrade. Sales are not uncommon, so if/when you decide you want/need an upgrade to Waveform 10 it will go on sale again at some point. Waveform 8 is quite capable on its own (you can check out "what's new in Waveform 10" to see what you are missing, and trial/demo it as well before buying).

Auto-tune Access wasn't worth the time/effort to install for me. There are only two controls with 3 settings each IIRC, and the artifacts it generated were obvious in many cases. The installation was so invasive that backing out of it took some effort, so definitely review that before getting excited about it. MAutoPitch (free with Melda's MFreeFXBundle) is more capable, free, and works in any DAW.  Both of these fall into "real-time FX processing."

Melodyne Essential requires an ARA capable DAW to use to its full capabilities, and is much more capable that Auto-tune Access across the board for surgical editing. That you would more likely use, but is also included free with other product offers as well. However, the Traktion 10 offer may be the cheapest method to get it.

Edited by mettelus
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, mettelus said:

A few quick comments. Traktion's Waveform has a workflow that is unique, so I would recommend using it and liking the workflow before getting excited about an upgrade. Sales are not uncommon, so if/when you decide you want/need an upgrade to Waveform 10 it will go on sale again at some point. Waveform 8 is quite capable on its own (you can check out "what's new in Waveform 10" to see what you are missing, and trial/demo it as well before buying).

+1