Forum for Cakewalk Sonar Platinum

4 hours ago, Matthew737@yahoo.com said:

Hello,

I am still using the old Cakewalk Sonar Platinum.

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit, 32G RAM, Intel Core i7 5930K @ 3.50GHz, 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (MSI), Akai EIE Pro Audio - WDM 2.9.64

You're also using WDM with an interface whose drivers support ASIO.

Unless you're required to as part of a Living History project, why not take your free upgrade to Cakewalk by BandLab?

While you're at it, that sweet motherboard and all that RAM and that nice video card might love ASIO mode.

No reason to use splat any longer.   No supported and CBB takes all your plugins etc from SONAR and utilizes them in CBB which at this point is far more stable than SPLAT and has great additional functionality.  Just don't uninstall old Sonar installations

Yes, I think the issue with staying with Splat or any older unsupported version, is most of us will write those people off as being sort of foolish.   

And don't trot the 32 bit excuse out as that also seems foolish to me. I use a few 32 bit Plug ins without issue. But that said I think you'll still get good help here. 

Yep I have to agree about the 32bit excuse myself. Maybe a few years ago it was valid but more and more makers are only making 64 bit versions of their DAW.

Just like some Audio Interfaces were never updated to Windows 10 drivers and the user was forced to get a new interface when they updated to W10.

Times are changing and sometimes you have to update things you might not wanted to update yet. 

Peace

2 hours ago, John Vere said:

Yes, I think the issue with staying with Splat or any older unsupported version, is most of us will write those people off as being sort of foolish.   

And don't trot the 32 bit excuse out as that also seems foolish to me.

Well I was expecting this sort of answers. Unfortunately the other sonar forums like sonarmods or beyondcakewalk are also down. Seems like time to hide under the ground again. Bummed.

Not being sassy or rude but this is what is finally happening. Going 64bit software which most have wanted to happen years ago.

I know being short on funds but this is one of those things that you/me have to budget for. If you were on the Apple side you wouldn't of had the luxury of waiting to change over. No need to go underground.

Peace

I wonder how long it will take for this new cakewalk to have equaled or bettered the plugins from platinum?  Oh well - I am not complaining, but it will make it easier when using a new computer and the old platinum may not load?