CbB Updated

cclarry

Sorry if this has been answered before, but every time I try to update via the BandLab App. it never opens the app. (running as Admin). I know there's a link (in the forums) to update it manually, but it defeats the purpose of using the app. ¬¬ 

Or am I missing something else here?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mesh said:

Sorry if this has been answered before, but every time I try to update via the BandLab App. it never opens the app. (running as Admin). I know there's a link (in the forums) to update it manually, but it defeats the purpose of using the app. ¬¬ 

Or am I missing something else here?

No idea Mesh, but I would try uninstalling, and then reinstalling, the App...
Might repair something that is "broken"

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cclarry said:

No idea Mesh, but I would try uninstalling, and then reinstalling, the App...
Might repair something that is "broken"

@Mesh I agree with Larry. Give that a try. If that doesn't work then let the BandLab people know about it. They want to know how that app is working. Just know that the people who work on the BandLab app is not the same as the guys working on CbB.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

4 hours ago, Grem said:

@Mesh I agree with Larry. Give that a try. If that doesn't work then let the BandLab people know about it. They want to know how that app is working. Just know that the people who work on the BandLab app is not the same as the guys working on CbB.

Out of all the updates I've done for the actual releases I don't think more than 2 of them have actually worked without having to reinstall the app manually.  

It is a problem they really should work on to get a better user experience.  It happens across the 4 machines that I use, so I don't think it is a personal problem.  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Still the best free DAW out there.  Two DAWs I have that I don't have to pay for seems to update more than the ones I've paid. 

Seems that they're almost in too much of a hurry sometimes though. The last few CW updates seem, to have caused quite a few problems and immediately resulted in updates to the updates. They're quick to respond in fairness, but it makes me wonder if the pre release testing is not all it could/should be.

2 hours ago, paulo said:

Seems that they're almost in too much of a hurry sometimes though. The last few CW updates seem, to have caused quite a few problems and immediately resulted in updates to the updates. They're quick to respond in fairness, but it makes me wonder if the pre release testing is not all it could/should be.

You could lend a hand?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not trying to be snarky but manpower = money.  For a free program, QA staffing is going to be limited so they depend on 'early access' testing to catch bugs they missed.  The more people participating, the fewer bugs appear in the release. 

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/36-early-access-program-new/
"The Early Access Program provides pre-release versions of Cakewalk to the public for general testing and issue reporting. We provide Early Access builds to help us get better real world test coverage from users, which is useful to improve the reliability and quality of our releases. Participation is 100% voluntary."

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TheSteven said:

You could lend a hand?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not trying to be snarky but manpower = money.  For a free program, QA staffing is going to be limited so they depend on 'early access' testing to catch things.  The more people participating, the fewer bugs appear in the release. 

Not really. My system is win 7 and Noel has already publicly stated that they don't really test for win 7 any longer. FYI I'm not complaining here, just stating that I think it might serve them better in the long run to take more time over the updates rather than having to constantly fix the fixes.

To give the dev's credit, in the early access and the intial release, any bugs that are found are what I would say was minor. Not any show stopping problems that they had to pull the release.

So they must be doing something right in the pre-release dept.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Grem said:

To give the dev's credit, in the early access and the intial release, any bugs that are found are what I would say was minor. Not any show stopping problems that they had to pull the release.

So they must be doing something right in the pre-release dept.

Generally agree with this other than one of the recent releases that had significant problems with some audio drivers, with show stopping noise.  Outside of that, I don't recall major issues, but honestly not sure how that one got to actual release without catches.

8 hours ago, Grem said:

Not any show stopping problems that they had to pull the release.

Going by the feedback 2019.11 made the program unusable for many. Again not personally complaining here, I haven't even installed it. I just think looks bad on them to have to continually issue a fix to the fix instead of taking a little more time to be more thorough in testing. It's not like it's the old days where they have to get the new version out to get the money coming in.