[Answered] Why Has the Old SONAR Forum Been Reduced to Just Two Pages?

Larry Jones

Question

I thought the idea was to lock the old forum and keep it online as a "vital information resource." I just went there looking for a thread from a month or two ago, and the SONAR forum, which must have been hundreds if not thousands of pages, is now just two pages, going back about a month. Has all that information been moved somewhere safe, or is it now lost?

Edited by Larry Jones
  • Confused 1

13 answers to this question

Change the filter at the bottom of the page next to "Show All Posts" from "30 Days"  to "from the beginning"

TWoHBAF.png

Everything is still there.

I have asked @Jesse Jost if it is possible to change the default to show all posts. Using Google with "site:forum.cakewalk.com" as part of the search criteria is still the best way to get info from the old forum. To browse the forum, set this filter to "from the beginning."

• Great Idea 1

7 hours ago, scook said:

Change the filter at the bottom of the page next to "Show All Posts" from "30 Days"  to "from the beginning"

I've removed the time filters from the legacy forums. 

Good suggestion @scook -this needed to be done or else poking around the legacy forums would become pretty tedious after 30 days :) 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scook said:

Did you click on the drop down in the red box shown in the image above?

Are you saying that you are able to change it to something else than 30 days and it would stick. Does it not jump back to 30 days. O.o

Why would i post if i didn't test it? Have you?

i do not take for granted what someone say or write without testing it first. I can misunderstand but in this case there's only two options and either you find "30" and can post a reply or doesn't find it and should not post a reply. Maybe a question at most.

On 1/24/2019 at 2:16 AM, sjoens said:

I can see them removing all but the main Sonar, Hardware, Software and Techniques forums as the rest of the forums will have no real significance in the future.

I hope no one takes upon themselves to decide which posts are valid or appropriate and which ones aren't.