Zoom U-24 and Cakewalk problem (no sound when activate input echo or record button.)

Gökçe Dereli

Hello all

I just wanted to play basslines over midis on Cakewalk. I'm using ASIO drivers of the Zoom U-24.

My problem is when i click on the "input echo" or "record" buttons on channels the sound is stopping. I can see bars moving but there's no sound on speakers or headphones. 

I'm attached my settings screenshots here. 

It's very annoying problem. I disabled my realtek hd sound card from bios. 

BTW there's no problem with ASIO4ALL drivers but i can't use other apps with sound when i'm using cakewalk with ASIO4ALL. And i have already ASIO drivers with my sound interface.  

So i deleted all ASIO4ALL drivers too.

Is there something i missed about these?  

I tried with other DAWS (Bitwig and Ableton) I can see input meters are moving when i connected the bass. But there's no sound at other DAWs too. 

My friend tried U-24 at another MAC and Windows PCs and said it was working with no problem.

Can someone help me about these problem please? :(

At Settings i've got 1 input and 2 output drivers named Zoom U-24 ASIO Driver in 1 and Zoom U-24 ASIO Driver Out 1 and 3

All of them active. 

At my Driver Settings

Playback Timing Master: ASIO Driver Out 1

Record Timing Master: ASIO Driver In 1

1111.png

2222.png

3333.png

44444.png

6 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

I have the Zoom U-44 here and it works fine with record and input monitor. If you see meters then it is receiving a signal inside Cakewalk.

Try recording a track and see if it records audio. Then play back the recorded audio track and ensure that its assigned to Driver Out 1.

Hello Noel,

I can record when i click record icon. But after click the record button all the channels are going to mute. (Not Manuel mute, just the sound goes away.)

But after when i record i can play back again. But can't listen and record together. 

6 hours ago, scook said:

Are these attached to the PC or the U-24?

What synth is playing the MIDI data?

My speakers are attached to U-24 via stereo cable at line out 1. I disabled my onboard sound card. 

Headphones attached to U-24 too. 

"What synth is playing the MIDI data?" i didn't understand that question. Sorry i'm little noob about this situation. :(

4 hours ago, Gökçe Dereli said:

My speakers are attached to U-24 via stereo cable at line out 1. I disabled my onboard sound card. 

Headphones attached to U-24 too. 

"What synth is playing the MIDI data?" i didn't understand that question. Sorry i'm little noob about this situation. :(

MIDI has no sound, it is control data. The MIDI signal needs to be routed to a synthesizer (VST i or hardware) in order to hear anything. You say that after the recording you can play back the audio. If so, there must be a synth that is producing the sound.  If it is the motherboards Wavetable synth, it 's not an ideal solution and should be changed .

The help files give you advice on inserting a soft synth, if you're not familiar with the procedure. I'm on an antique version of SONAR so I don't dare to give detailed info, because something may be different in the modern ones.

19 minutes ago, Kalle Rantaaho said:

MIDI has no sound, it is control data. The MIDI signal needs to be routed to a synthesizer (VST i or hardware) in order to hear anything. You say that after the recording you can play back the audio. If so, there must be a synth that is producing the sound.  If it is the motherboards Wavetable synth, it 's not an ideal solution and should be changed .

The help files give you advice on inserting a soft synth, if you're not familiar with the procedure. I'm on an antique version of SONAR so I don't dare to give detailed info, because something may be different in the modern ones.

Hello Kalle,

Thanks for the info. :) As i said i'm new at Cakewalk. 

Let me explain detailed:

I tried open a blank project and record my guitar over blank project.

There's no other channel expect my guitar.  I added Audio to channel section.  Connect my guitar at the guitar input at U-24. Disable hardware monitoring with turning knob. And i just pressed the input echo button. But there's no sound.  I can see sound input is working because input lights flashing. 

If i add another audio to play over with it. There's still no sound. All sound is suddenly cutted out when i click input echo, or record icon. :(

I'll upload a video about problem today. I wish it's a small problem.

12 hours ago, Gökçe Dereli said:

Hello Noel,

I can record when i click record icon. But after click the record button all the channels are going to mute. (Not Manuel mute, just the sound goes away.)

But after when i record i can play back again. But can't listen and record together. 

It's best to post a video of what you are doing since there may be some confusion with how you are describing the issue.

Which channels are getting muted? when you record on a track it's normal for previous audio on the same track to get muted. Other tracks should be unaffected by recording.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

i know i'm reviving an old thread but i'm currently facing exactly the same problem and am a bit desperate about what else i can do. I already reinstalled the ASIO driver and Windows and tried all different settings i could think of but with no luck. If anyone has any ideas about this topic i would gladly appreciate any help.