Kontakt send Midi to outside world

Michael Warren

In some other Daws, you can route another Kontakt Instrument to trigger Midi on a separate other instrument. Ex: Kontakt Library patch to a vintage horns patch. I go to Kontakt preferences and select Send Midi to Outside World, choose CCs and Notes. Looking at youtube examples other programs show a dropdown of Kontakt Out that you would select for the Input of a 2nd track. This doesn't appear as an option in Sonar.  It only shows my input devices (Kybd, controller, etc., Virtual Instruments) , but no Kontakt out option. Is that not supported in Sonar or am I doing it wrong. I'm running Kontakt as a soft synth in Sonar, not as a stand alone instrument. I only use 1 instance of Kontakt and multiple midi tracks addressing different midi channels  and patches in Kontakt

Any ideas or workarounds any users came across?

Thanks,

Michael Warren

In the standard header above every VST plug-in UI is a VST2 or VST3 drop down. In that drop down is an Enable MIDI Output option. Enabling this option will cause the plug-in to appear in the input drop down of Instrument and MIDI tracks.

M9I2IRu.png

You may have solved my problem. This option doesn't appear when adding Kontakt as FX in audio track. If I drag from the browser, it gives me the midi out option. Now midi tracks let me input output of the Kontakt player to that track. I've been on this all day and don't have the time to experiment except for dragging from explorer, and seeing that output now appears in the input dropdown box. Thanks a million in advance if it works. I'll respond again tomorrow.

Mike Warren