Korg has released the Triton soft synth with intro pricing

musical

To get the upgrade offer you have to add the "upgrade" product from https://korg.shop/software/korg-collection-series/upgrade-products.html

There is one for people that have the collection with the Arp.  One for people with the old Legacy no Arp.  And one for people with M1le.

Once you add it to you cart you can't checkout until you add the correct coupon code to match.

Just now, Matthew Sorrels said:

To get the upgrade offer you have to add the "upgrade" product from https://korg.shop/software/korg-collection-series/upgrade-products.html

There is one for people that have the collection with the Arp.  One for people with the old Legacy no Arp.  And one for people with M1le.

Once you add it to you cart you can't checkout until you add the correct coupon code to match.

Yep...that's exactly what I did.  The price quoted on the product was $199.99.  Adding the coupon and the price
remained $199.99, despite the fact that the cart said "coupon code applied".

The coupon is for the $199 price.  Without the coupon you can't even get that.  It doesn't lower the price any more -- just allows access to the $199 price.  Which I guess is a limited time special, since normally the upgrade from M1le is $299

Which of course is a problem since the whole bundle right now is on sale for $299.  Which is most likely why they are offering the M1le users this deal.  But for legacy owners without the Arp the normal upgrade price is $199 and they are sticking with that, no sale price.  For users with the Arp they are using $149 and sticking with that.

2 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

The coupon is for the $199 price.  Without the coupon you can't even get that.  It doesn't lower the price any more -- just allows access to the $199 price.  Which I guess is a limited time special, since normally the upgrade from M1le is $299

Which of course is a problem since the whole bundle right now is on sale for $299.  Which is most likely why they are offering the M1le users this deal.  But for legacy owners without the Arp the normal upgrade price is $199 and they are sticking with that, no sale price.  For users with the Arp they are using $149 and sticking with that.

I have Arp and it's not dropping my price. I tried checking out with the other one that put the price at $149 but it wouldn't let me check out with that either. I sent support a message but not heard back yet. Guessing no one is in office today either. I really wish companies, especially ones with terribly outdated websites, would stop dropping new products right before they go on holidays again because it's one more day we don't have to get this right and their tickets end up building up quickly.

This must take the trophy for most confusing upgrade method!

I would really like the Triton but I have none of the other Korg stuff (at least I only have M1 and ARP Odyssey on IOS).

Is there a cheap way to get everything or just Triton starting from nothing on Windows?

Maybe buy the M1 first or does the special Triton only allow upgrade from M1LE?

Thanks (confused of Yorkshire)

I think the only discount path from nothing (or just the iOS versions) is to get M1LE and then use the $199 upgrade.  I'm not sure if they do license transfers/etc (so I'm not sure how easy to buy the M1LE is) And I'm not sure how you'd get M1LE (without buying some hardware).  You might be able to find someone selling it unregistered though (check KvR).  There doesn't seem to be an upgrade path from the single synths to the collection.

The other KORG stuff isn't bad, but it's very tiny UI makes it pretty hard to use on my 4k monitor.  The Triton is the first synth that has resize options.  You could just buy it for $199 directly and skip the other stuff.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I think the only discount path from nothing (or just the iOS versions) is to get M1LE and then use the $199 upgrade.  I'm not sure if they do license transfers/etc (so I'm not sure how easy to buy the M1LE is) And I'm not sure how you'd get M1LE (without buying some hardware).  You might be able to find someone selling it unregistered though (check KvR).  There doesn't seem to be an upgrade path from the single synths to the collection.

The other KORG stuff isn't bad, but it's very tiny UI makes it pretty hard to use on my 4k monitor.  The Triton is the first synth that has resize options.  You could just buy it for $199 directly and skip the other stuff.

Thanks Matthew.

I must admit I am loving the Triton demo.

Such a wealth of fantastic sounds and some of the combis are gorgeous! I guess some of the sounds are a bit dated now but that's part of the charm.

The Triton demo is pretty awesome.  Even I was impressed with all the sounds they included and the resizing GUI.  The only thing wrong with it is the pricing and the crazy store they make you use.  Since they really aren't offering any deals for me, I guess I'm going to wait.  I'm far too stubborn to buy it without a deal.  Maybe something will come up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi folks - I am a bit confused on the deal - I own the Legacy M1 and the Wavestation, by themselves - not part of a bundle - just separately,  on their own.  Do I qualify for the $199 cost for the whole bundle of legacy soft-synths?  (ARP 2600, MS-20, Triton, etc...)

Bob Bone

14 hours ago, Robert Bone said:

Hi folks - I am a bit confused on the deal - I own the Legacy M1 and the Wavestation, by themselves - not part of a bundle - just separately,  on their own.  Do I qualify for the $199 cost for the whole bundle of legacy soft-synths?  (ARP 2600, MS-20, Triton, etc...)

I don't think there is any upgrade path from the single products, other than M1LE.

• Thanks 1

I've had Triton presets on my iPad for years through in-app purchase in Korg Module. 

But this demo is insane.  I want it.  Waiting for Korg to have a 50% off sale.  All I own is M1 (full, not LE).  I don't think that's going to help me.

I also have Gadget, which doesn't show in their Software Pass utility.  I'll have to get in touch with them about that.  It may be that Software Pass is only about the Korg Collection.

Haven't tried the demo yet. The thing is, there are so many other good software synths out these days that are  on par or better for less $$.

Unless someone specifically wants the Triton experience in software there are plenty of other options along the same lines as the Triton if we are only looking at sounds and sound quality. Is that a pessimistic view? It wasn't intentional.

There was a special in Aug to get the Legacy collection which I happened to get.   To get the Triton addition, I used the link which has been provided earlier (on the first page of this  thread):

https://korg.shop/software/korg-collection-series/upgrade-products.html   That got me to start putting the item (for $149) into the cart.

I then had to go into Korg ID, which is located at: https://id.korg.com/users/sign_in

I used the email and pw I had from when I registered the legacy Korg collection to get into that Korg ID site.

Once in there I was presented right away with the individual discount code that you use in the shopping cart to enable the successful Triton order at $149.

Straightforward from that point.

But agreed, one of the more confusing paths to obtaining a product.