Korg has released the Triton soft synth with intro pricing

musical

Details are here:

https://korg.shop/korg-collection-special-bundle-v2-for-m1-le.html

Upgrade to new collection including Triton from M1 LE is $199.

I'm sure there will be a special offer for collection owners too.

There is an introductory discount on Triton without upgrade from $249 to $199.

Contains all the original expansions.

I'm extremely tempted.

Edited by musical
Additional info.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The "TRITON" music workstation revived:
KORG Collection - TRITON is now available! Limited Time Sale.

More than 15 years have passed since the release of the KORG Legacy Collection, a pioneer of software-based synthesizers offering full recreations of the analog circuits and digital systems of generations of KORG synthesizers. In 2017, we added the ARP ODYSSEY and re-released the collection under the name Korg Collection.

Now in 2019, the TRITON is the newest addition to the Korg Collection. Originally released in 1999, the TRITON achieved huge popularity across many genres and continues to be used more than 20 years later. The new Korg Collection TRITON comes with the complete EXB-PCM soundboard series, giving you access to a huge array of sounds so you can achieve TRITON's full potential.

To commemorate the release of KORG Collection - TRITON there is a limited time sale (up to 50% OFF). Don’t miss this great opportunity to pick up the KORG Collection series at this special price. The sale lasts until January 16, 2020.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, simon said:

I paid $99 for the upgrade from M1LE to the collection in August  - so might be worth hanging on until a decent sale (if you have the patience ) ?

Retail price for KORG Collection - Special Bundle v2, which now includes Triton, is $399.

Retail price for Triton is $249, reduced to $199 in the sale.

If I interpret the sale pricing correctly, the upgrade to include Triton from the collection is $149, $199 from M1LE, reduced from $199 and $299 respectively.

1 minute ago, musical said:

Six screen sizes in the Triton demo under Menu-Screen Size.

I know. Odyssey & Triton have resizable GUI's.

Korg Legacy Bundle does not have resizable GUI's (M1, Monopoly, Polysix, Wavestation, MS-20, LegacyCell & MDE-X FX unit).

39 minutes ago, musical said:

If I interpret the sale pricing correctly, the upgrade to include Triton from the collection is $149, $199 from M1LE

$50 (25%) doesn't seem like a particularly generous discount for existing collection owners compared to the M1LE upgrade price - bearing in mind that M1LE is more a less a freebie.

I gonna stash this on my 'wish list' and wait until Larry finds a killer price later in the year 🤞 (thanks Larry !)

more details here

https://www.korg.com/us/news/2019/1122/

Edited by simon
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, simon said:

$50 (25%) doesn't seem like a particularly generous discount for existing collection owners compared to the M1LE upgrade price - bearing in mind that M1LE is more a less a freebie.

I gonna stash this on my 'wish list' and wait until Larry finds a killer price later in the year 🤞 (thanks Larry !)

I suspect the upgrade price from M1 LE will not go lower for a long time, if ever.

Especially now that they are actively adding new things to it. I do hope they revisit the issues with the original plugins and at least make them resizable soon. It's really difficult to work with them right now.

I need to have Korg check my account. I went to see what my discount price was and apparently my purchase from the original Collection has been stuck pending for the past two years when we had to move to the new site so the price isn't giving me the discount for owning Korg Collection.

Edited by TerraSin

3 minutes ago, TerraSin said:

I need to have Korg check my account. I went to see what my discount price was and apparently my purchase from the original Collection has been stuck pending for the past two years when we had to move to the new site so the price isn't giving me the discount for owning M1LE.

their website/registration seems very 1990s .... about the last time we saw an update to the collection ?

3 minutes ago, simon said:

their website/registration seems very 1990s .... about the last time we saw an update to the collection ?

Their online shops have always seemed a little outdated. They did say they planned on updating the GUIs for the legacy stuff but it never happened yet. :(

• Thanks 1

My legacy order is stuck "pending" as well.  But it's in my account and installed, so I'm not sure what's up with that.

To get the coupon code for the upgrade I had to go to the old Korg site ( https://www.korguser.net )  My account there had the coupon code for getting the new upgrade including the Triton and the Arp.  At least I think that's what it is, I didn't actually try it since I don't think the upgrade price is all that great ($199)

I'm also really confused because I download the current versions of the legacy synths and the zip's have higher version numbers as part of the filenames than what it installs.

If they drop the price to $99 or less I'd most likely do it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have had the software versions of the M-1 ,Wavestation and  MDE-X for quite some time. I didn't really want any of the rest of the collection before the Triton deal..Migrated to the new server like 2 years ago. I'm in their system but I don't see any sales other than the one mentioned. If I could buy only Triton on a deal I would seriously consider it. It's basically the same tech taken a few steps further than the M-1 with different sound banks.  Definitely worth a serious look.. I think I'll wait this one out for awhile.  I appreciate the notice and I seen the email about Triton something and I guess I sort of passed over it. For me the word association said  old school, so I guess I didn't realize it was a software version. Beats having a huge silver thing in my studio. Not a bad thing for sure.  I have a little nostalgia going on with the M-1 since I owned the hardware version.  

6 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

My legacy order is stuck "pending" as well.  But it's in my account and installed, so I'm not sure what's up with that.

To get the coupon code for the upgrade I had to go to the old Korg site ( https://www.korguser.net )  My account there had the coupon code for getting the new upgrade including the Triton and the Arp.  At least I think that's what it is, I didn't actually try it since I don't think the upgrade price is all that great ($199)

I'm also really confused because I download the current versions of the legacy synths and the zip's have higher version numbers as part of the filenames than what it installs.

I gave that code a try and it says it applies but still doesn't drop the price to $149 for me. That was just for the collection upgrade which I have already. I don't have a code for just the Triton.

9 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I also installed the new zips but it changed nothing. The version is still the same on the vst and standalone file. Very confusing.

If you want to demo the Triton you have to install their software center, KORG Software Pass.  When I did that it showed all my legacy stuff (I never bought the Arp version upgrade) and claimed there were updates to them.  When clicking the update button it would download and open a zip, running the setups inside those zips seemed to make the KORG Software Pass think I had the current versions.  But inside Cakewalk the plugin still has the older version number and not the number the Software Pass is showing.

The demo of Triton is pretty good.  The GUI has some size options (thank God) and it sounds pretty good with all the expansions.  It might be a viable GM Midi replacement (it has a bunch of GM soundbanks).

But the best upgrade the offer for owning only the older legacy is $199 for the Arp and the Triton.  And that's a bit much.  Half off and I'd do it.

• Thanks 1