Blue Cat releases Freeware Plug-ins Pack II & on going Winter sale

TheSteven

Blue Cat releases Freeware Plug-ins Pack II
https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Bundle_FreewarePack
This was released on 12/20 but wasn't noticed / mentioned here.

The good old (and new) Blue Cat Audio freeware audio plug-ins gathered together in a single package: this bundle contains a wide range of premium modulation effects, a guitar amp simulator, a single and dual-channel equalizer, a unique midi-controllable gain suite, as well as a professional spectrum analyzer.

Also, as previously announced by our friend Larry, Blue Cat's Winter Sale is ongoing till Jan 10th...

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Updated
V4.31 (2019/12/20)

• MIDI Program Change preference is now saved into session instead of global preferences, so each instance can now use different MIDI channels. It is also saved in the user default preset.
  • VST3: added program change support for VST3 plug-in format.
  • Mac: much faster GUI rendering on recent Mac OS systems.
  • Mac: fixed user interface not properly shown on retina displays in some applications built with the 10.14 Mac OS SDK (Cubase 10.5 for example).
  • Mac: fixed settings panel rendering issues in dark mode on Mac OS Mojave and newer.
  • VST: the user interface is now properly resized in Cubase on Windows when loading skins.
  • Dropped support for legacy RTAS plug-in format.
  • Thanks 1

I have had a really good experience monkeying around with Blue Cat Axiom since I picked it up in the Winter Sale.  Actually, I picked up the Axe Pack which includes Axiom.

This morning I had Positive Grid Bias FX2 in the right amp slot and Positive Grid Bias Amp 2 in the left slot, with Late Replies and Fabfilter stuff in various slots.  It sounded absolutely terrific.  I could change settings of course.  And save various combinations of settings as presets in Blue Cat Axiom.  The preset recall was quick when loading all that stuff back up.

A real remarkable tool to have available.

With the current (and recent) Positive Grid sales I was able to get those tools (which sound super and are very easy to get good sounds from).  With the Blue Cat Winter Sale I was able to add Blue Cat to my bag of tricks for the first time.  Blue Cat allows you to combine any of that stuff together.  The potential is easily realized by just experimenting around.  It's fantastic.

• Like 1