Vegan bullying :-(

SteveStrummerUK

12 hours ago, Wibbles said:

I thought this fred started with a joke about vegans. And then it went all serious. For some reason.

Are you sure you are on the right "fred"? maybe ask fred. Perhaps if you ate more vegetables than meat, your eyesight and general intellect might improve, and subsequently, your spelling....

• Meh 1

20 hours ago, Tezza said:

I don't see how any of these things are "virtue signalling". People who have concerns about these things do so because they have genuine and justified concerns in many cases. People like gluten free because they may have celiacs  disease, something that can make them sick and even kill them if they don't eat gluten free products. People like organic because they are rightfully concerned about chemicals in their food and some are more reactive to those than others, especially children. Non GMO is also an issue with food modified by humans and who knows what may happen from that. Similarly hormones in food is something to be concerned about, just look at all the big titted, meat eating men. likewise keeping a bird in a small cage all its life where it cannot even turn around, just to get it's eggs is disgustingly cruel.

Once again, I think you are choosing to live in blissful ignorance and being somewhat unempathetic and discompassionate towards both other humans and also animals by simply labeling these things as "virtue signalling". That's a very poor argument that says much more about your lack of empathy than anything else. I think if you were allergic to gluten and pumped full of it and also pumped full of chemicals in food that you are allergic to, then pumped full of hormones and then stuck in a small cage for the rest of your life, you might develop a different perspective.

But there is plenty of time left in your life for you to personally experience  the very things you are laughing about here. You won't be laughing then. So sad that many humans are so selfish that they don't really care about anything until it happens to them.

*Sigh*

https://m.wikihow.com/Have-a-Sense-of-Humor?amp=1

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-develop-your-sense-of-humor-1690680308/amp

And finally 

https://qz.com/768622/a-good-sense-of-humor-is-a-sign-of-psychological-health/amp/

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Grant Starr said:

It has been enlightening for me. I'm giving up plants altogether except for coffee, tea and tobacco. Plants make oxygen no? I'm going to save the plants and eat more animals so they aren't around farting and creating greenhouse gasses. 

Plants in fact make the majority of oxygen that you are breathing right now. Keeping you alive is probably one bad thing that can be said about plants. When you eat animals, you create the massive commercial market for them, thereby contributing to methane expulsion.

• Haha 1
  • Meh 1

3 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Oh you  poor fella ...No wonder you don't feel so good .

woman-passion-260nw-98093696.jpg

She loves you because you don't eat meat ..but if it was me I would aim higher

Kenny

I feel great! because I eat a mainly vegetarian diet. She looks more like your type Kenny, just think what you could do with all those curlers in your beard.

• Meh 1

11 minutes ago, Tezza said:

Are you sure you are on the right "fred"? maybe ask fred. Perhaps if you ate more vegetables than meat, your eyesight and general intellect might improve, and subsequently, your spelling....

9_9 That "fred" was entirely intentional. You'll get the hang of this eventually.

And personal insults are really not called for ... unless they're actually funny*.

* Please see Byron's post above.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Wibbles said:

And personal insults are really not called for ... unless they're actually funny*.

Your on a bullying thread and your complaining about light hearted criticism? Don't worry, you'll get the hang of this eventually.

Edited by Tezza
  • Meh 1

3 minutes ago, Tezza said:

You're on a bullying thread and you're complaining about criticism? Don't worry, you'll get the hang of this eventually.

Fixed. ;)

No, I'm not complaining about criticism. You weren't criticising, you were making a personal insult. And doing it very badly. 

There aren't very many rules in this forum, but not making personal insults is one of them. And having a sense of humour is another. 

31 minutes ago, Wibbles said:

Fixed. ;)

No, I'm not complaining about criticism. You weren't criticising, you were making a personal insult. And doing it very badly. 

There aren't very many rules in this forum, but not making personal insults is one of them. And having a sense of humour is another. 

Why is there this bullying thread then? How is that humorous to Vegans? Also, I don't see moderator under your name so don't lecture me on the rules either, thanks very much. Posts to the Coffee House are supposed to be music related as it says in the forum description but I don't see you complaining about that.

On 1/3/2020 at 8:20 AM, Wibbles said:

Ordinary humans eat becan. It's the ones that don't that are odd.

This could be regarded as a personal insult to all who don't eat Becan so you are hardly in a position to lecture.

Edited by Tezza
  • Meh 1

48 minutes ago, Tezza said:

Plants in fact make the majority of oxygen that you are breathing right now. Keeping you alive is probably one bad thing that can be said about plants. When you eat animals, you create the massive commercial market for them, thereby contributing to methane expulsion.

The only thing I ever find intolerable is intolerance itself. Pretty strong sentiment there and the product of a sick and bitter mind IMO. Kind of reminds me of the words of another self righteous vegan *****. Your venomous anger here is evidence that an unnatural diet can lead to much grief. My prayers go out to the families of those lost in Australia's fire's 

Being bullied by a vegan is like a panty pillow fight Last seriousness from me, I can't even take you serious.   

7 minutes ago, Grant Starr said:

The only thing I ever find intolerable is intolerance itself. Pretty strong sentiment there and the product of a sick and bitter mind IMO. Kind of reminds me of the words of another self righteous vegan *****. Your venomous anger here is evidence that an unnatural diet can lead to much grief.

Tough luck, your on a forum that encourages and promotes bullying so eat it up. I personally don't find anything funny about meat eaters ridiculing and bullying Vegans but it is what it is.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Tezza said:

Why is there this bullying thread then? How is that humorous to Vegans? Also, I don't see moderator under your name so don't lecture me on the rules either, thanks very much.

No, you don't see moderator by my name, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't expect you to abide by the rules of the forum. And I'm not sure that "And personal insults are really not called for ..." amounts to a lecture. 

16 minutes ago, Tezza said:

This could be regarded as a personal insult to all who don't eat Becan so you are hardly in a position to lecture.

No it couldn't.

Yes it could,

Rules of the Coffee House:

"Discussion of off-topic music related subjects. No politics. No religion. All love. Enjoy!"

Your currently engaged in an insulting way, in a topic of conversation that does not comply with the rules of the forum, so again, don't lecture me on forum rules.

Edited by Tezza
  • Meh 1

53 minutes ago, Tezza said:

Yes it could,

Rules of the Coffee House:

"Discussion of off-topic music related subjects. No politics. No religion. All love. Enjoy!"

Your currently engaged in an insulting way, in a topic of conversation that does not comply with the rules of the forum, so again, don't lecture me on forum rules.

.... Jeez, I wasn't expecting some sort of spinach inquisition.

• Thanks 1

• John locked this topic