Vegan bullying :-(

SteveStrummerUK

8 hours ago, paulo said:

I think Tezza is just pissed at everyone because nobody liked his favourite xmas song which ironically is about making gravy for the roast dinner and includes the line...

"I'm gonna make some gravy, I'm gonna taste the fat"

You must have liked it, you obviously listened to it. It's not my favorite song by the way, it is an iconic song. You obviously have not tasted my vegan gravy and you can have a roast without meat, that is easy.

• Meh 1

A newish fad is Mock Meat.  

They are trying to make rice, mushrooms, legumes, yam flour, pressed-tofu, etc. taste like meat.

But NO ONE is trying to make meat taste like rice, mushrooms, legumes, yam flour, pressed-tofu, etc.

And there's a reason for that!

1 hour ago, RobertWS said:

A newish fad is Mock Meat.  

They are trying to make rice, mushrooms, legumes, yam flour, pressed-tofu, etc. taste like meat.

But NO ONE is trying to make meat taste like rice, mushrooms, legumes, yam flour, pressed-tofu, etc.

And there's a reason for that!

You don't need to do that. Lentils and red beans boiled together and then part mashed, leave the thick paste to dry for an hour or so then fry in a pan as you would mincemeat, add a little soy sauce, that's your base for a bolognaise, then just add chopped vegetables and tomato paste. I successfully tricked avid meat eaters into believing they were eating a mincemeat bolognaise.

What you like based on taste can change drastically but most are not aware of this. They say they like things because of the taste but that is just learned and can be unlearned. When I was forced due to illness, to go vegan, it was difficult at first and I tried to make dishes that tasted like meat. As I learned to properly cook a range of vegetables and various sauces to compliment I stopped trying to make things taste like meat and much prefer the taste of vegetables now. 

The only reason they are trying to make vegie concoctions that taste like meat is to try to provide a bridge for meat eaters because the majority still eat meat of some sort, so they are appealing to a bigger market.

To me vegetable dishes have much more flavor and texture than meat dishes but this would sound strange to meat eaters who have been brainwashed into thinking vegetables are flavourless.

What I am going to eat right now:

Brown rice (that has been sitting in water for 2 hours so it takes less time to cook)

Chopped carrots
Chopped cauliflower and Brocolli
Red beans and lentils
Chopped capsicum triangles
Sultanas and nuts
Zucchini and onions
Curry base

Hardest vegetables into the pan first or cut smaller so they cook quicker.

Ingredients are cheap, easy to source and will last a long time in fridge or can. (no smelly meat to go off)
Cooking time under 15 minutes (easy to make)
Low heat gas (cheap gas bill)
No washing up because the frying pan and saucepan are rinsed and ready to dry before eating, minimal detergent, if any at all  (no animal fat to clean)
Tastes fantastic with all vegetables retaining their original taste.

No animals killed or forced to live tortured lives.

5 hours ago, Tezza said:

You must have liked it, you obviously listened to it. It's not my favorite song by the way, it is an iconic song. You obviously have not tasted my vegan gravy and you can have a roast without meat, that is easy.

It's possible to listen to something and not like it, but in fact I did neither - just googled the lyric. I think we both know he wasn't talkin' about the vegan gravy for the nut cutlets. Just seemed funny given the discussion going on here that you liked that song. 😀

Enjoy whatever........I don't care what people do as long as they don't start preaching.

Well, the title of the thread is Vegan Bullying so that is what I am doing, being a Vegan Bully. Just staying on topic as per forum rules.

Anyone who eats meat must give up now, or else.....

Edited by Tezza
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Tezza said:

Well, the title of the thread is Vegan Bullying so that is what I am doing, being a Vegan Bully. Just staying on topic as per forum rules.

Anyone who eats meat must give up now, or else.....

We should have gotten a much better cable TV  and internet bundle  because this show SUCKS

wrinkles%202-768w.jpg

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Meh 1

• John locked this topic