Remember zoom factor on reopen session?

jono grant

Wondering if anyone knows what's happening here. I even saved the basic template at the zoom I want and it still opens with the timeline zoomed way in.

Also, changing the time ruler to only show bars and beats/ saving the basic template and when I open a new file etc. the ruler is not how I set it.

Why is Cakewalk not remembering these settings even when saved to the basic template?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Jono

If you set Workspaces to 'None', the layout and current zoom level will be saved and restored on re-opening the project. Selecting a  Workspace will override that, but the last saved 'internal' layout of the project  will be restored whenever you set Workspaces to 'None'.  Personally, I still am not using Workspaces as I'm so used to every project having it's own focus and layout that evolves over time and is appropriate for what I was doing with it when I last saved it (usually with a description of the last major change I made included in the name).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, David Baay said:

If you set Workspaces to 'None', the layout and current zoom level will be saved and restored on re-opening the project. Selecting a  Workspace will override that, but the last saved 'internal' layout of the project  will be restored whenever you set Workspaces to 'None'.  Personally, I still am not using Workspaces as I'm so used to every project having it's own focus and layout that evolves over time and is appropriate for what I was doing with it when I last saved it (usually with a description of the last major change I made included in the name).

Thank you! That's what I was looking for! J