bats brew - "The Travel song"

bats brew

Bats, you never fail to deliver (I've probably said that before, so deja vu all over again?).
Beautifully done. I don't have the original, so I can't comment on how the unobtainium drive pedal improved things:
sounds nice though (I'm not a pedal guy, perhaps that has had a negative overall effect on my playing? but I digress)
EZDrummer on this one, which snare is that, nice solid pop to it methinks.

Overall I a bit of a Rush feel to this one, and I mean that in the very best way.

So two thumps up (I will not use that emoji I thought was a thumb yesterday, Yikes!)!!

T

this 'wall of guitar', is just one single strat humbucker, pushed slightly with a boost pedal, into the strymon Iridium pedal, playing thru a marshall super lead 100 watt head into a 4x12 closed back cab with celestion greenbacks. direct. 

the acoustic guitars only come in in the beginning, middle, and end.

the rest of it, is just the one guitar.

i like it!

Another home run Bats!  This arrangement, mix, and performance have a strong professional sound.  It does have your signature style and your great sounding vocals.  I agree with Tom above  - this song has a bit of a Rush feel but without the very busy lyrics that Rush sometimes delivers.

Really good stuff!!!

On 12/30/2019 at 8:03 AM, DeeringAmps said:

Bats, you never fail to deliver (I've probably said that before, so deja vu all over again?).
Beautifully done. I don't have the original, so I can't comment on how the unobtainium drive pedal improved things:
sounds nice though (I'm not a pedal guy, perhaps that has had a negative overall effect on my playing? but I digress)
EZDrummer on this one, which snare is that, nice solid pop to it methinks.

Overall I a bit of a Rush feel to this one, and I mean that in the very best way.

So two thumps up (I will not use that emoji I thought was a thumb yesterday, Yikes!)!!

T

Hey T...

Used Sony acid for the drum track,

Tnx for listening!

• Like 1

On 12/30/2019 at 1:06 PM, Douglas Kirby said:

Cool song - this really rocks and it sounds great.  Nice job.

I really liked the vocal on this one - sounds good to my ears.

thanks so much douglas! glad you dig the vox, it's based on a true story.

On 12/31/2019 at 3:03 PM, freddy j said:

Another home run Bats!  This arrangement, mix, and performance have a strong professional sound.  It does have your signature style and your great sounding vocals.  I agree with Tom above  - this song has a bit of a Rush feel but without the very busy lyrics that Rush sometimes delivers.

Really good stuff!!!

thanks freddy! this song, is off of my 2nd full length album, called "The Time is Magic".

but i re-purposed it for this version of the song, 

to use my new Strymon Iridium to do the guitar with.

On 1/1/2020 at 1:46 PM, David Sprouse said:

This is just so good.  Did you do that painting?  I like your style of painting as well as your music.

hey david! glad you dig this one....

yes, i did the painting.

that is off my 3rd album, entitled "Stay".