Newbie Help Please

Scott

Howdy All:  Well, I had to upgrade to Windows 10 (gonna miss 7) and, well...I'm having all sorts of issues with plugins, etc.  So, I thought I'd download bandlab.  When I opened her up, all I see is like a VERY basic screen.  No tracks..no anything I had in Sonar X2 Producer.  What am I missing?  And, I mean this sincerly because its normally because I've overlooked something.

Thanks for the help.

Make sure to install SONAR X2 (if it is not already installed). CbB can use all the plug-ins and content bundled with 64bit X2. It may be necessary to re-install CbB after X2.

To make CbB look similar to X2 set the Lens drop down in the upper right of the CbB UI is set to None. This drop down appears when a project is open. The look may also depend on the default template.

You might be looking at the First Page of the BandLab Assistant - it will have the word Library underlined probably. It looks like this:

BandLabAssistant.png.32abd996bfd9a765226f4042ce9d9533.png

You'll see a tab on the right that says Apps. You want that:

BandLabAssistantApps.png.6efaf0d4aeb3e6f851d0951273ac786c.png

Notice the big green button with the word Install. You want to click that.

OK, maybe I took the newbie comment too literally...

Another thought that occurs is maybe your initial VST scan is hanging. What you should see is something like this one:

CakewalkByBandLabScreenshot.png.16ef0c47a8a3d53e663d371685b7dcd3.png

You should see a "picker" to choose what kind of project you want to open. When you choose one of those, you'll get a more traditional looking SONAR-like window.

11 minutes ago, Cactus Music said:

Actually when you open Cakewalk it looks like this until you open a project.  Should see the start screen however but I have that disabled. . 

Right, but a fresh out of the box install will show the template picker - so until you go in and actually disable the start screen, that will be how it opens. Of course you can manually close that, but it should be relatively obvious you can do the NEW or OPEN a project bit.

Well from what the OP said this was what I was assuming.  They said there's nothing there and that's more or less what you get until you load a project.  I'm assuming they load up , get the start screen but then choose nothing and close it.  We won't know until the OP responds,, been a day. 

43 minutes ago, Cactus Music said:

Well from what the OP said this was what I was assuming.  They said there's nothing there and that's more or less what you get until you load a project.  I'm assuming they load up , get the start screen but then choose nothing and close it.  We won't know until the OP responds,, been a day. 

Yeah, and that would be the older SONAR (at least the X3 and Platinum) experience too. Here is X3 after closing the start screen:

SONAR-X3-Empty.png.8a648ad3f2ccb787108047fb02ef8c84.png

Edited by John Sandlin

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:27 PM, Scott said:

When I opened her up, all I see is like a VERY basic screen.  No tracks..no anything I had in Sonar X2 Producer.  What am I missing?  And, I mean this sincerly because its normally because I've overlooked something.

You are not missing nothing.  You can configure it anyway you want. you can choose to have any template loaded or not. You can choose color schemes, or not.  In other words, its all up to you on how you want it to look.