Programming MIDI Trigger pads

Hey all,

Quick question so I can continue my research.  I am new to music production.  I have sucessfully installed cakewalk, downloaded some VST's and are able to use them.  I just bought a M-Audio Axiom 25 Midi Keyboard Controller.  I am able to use the trigger pads to control some of the buttons on the VST but not all of them. 

Should I be looking in cakewalk to complete the midi-mapping or it this handled outside of this program?

You first need to know what MIDI messages the VST recognizes. These will differ from one VST to the next. Then you can program the M-Audio Axiom to transmit the recognized messages.

The M-Audio Axiom is highly configurable, which eliminates the need to use anything to translate MIDI messages on the fly.

I have a first generation M-Audio Axiom 25. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

• 11 months later...
On 12/29/2019 at 6:11 PM, Eddie said:

You first need to know what MIDI messages the VST recognizes. These will differ from one VST to the next. Then you can program the M-Audio Axiom to transmit the recognized messages.

The M-Audio Axiom is highly configurable, which eliminates the need to use anything to translate MIDI messages on the fly.

I have a first generation M-Audio Axiom 25. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Is there an "action" file to auto set up a axiom 61 with cakewalk     I refer this link showing a CB user installing an action file. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bbaAyr-4cI