They're Here!!! - East West Hollywood Backup Singers

cclarry

55 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I agree with John based on this example.  Maybe they should have used the Word Builder rather than all
"ah"s....because that sounds terrible

that's "voices of soul" not backup singers - no Word Builder in VOS :(

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cclarry said:

That I did not know...but it still sounds terrible

I have not really played around with VOS, initial explorations did not grab me.

I have had some success with Voices of the Opera and Voices of Empire.  They are what they are, you probably don't want them too exposed in the mix but they stand up against other similar products.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Backup Singers is now available for download if you are on Composer Cloud, a 10GB download. I am downloading now but it will probably be tomorrow before I get chance to try it out.

Give us a reveiw ;) 

Guyz is the world builder a part of the instruments or a 3rd thing to open and own (buy) ?

4 minutes ago, Zo said:

Give us a reveiw ;) 

Guyz is the world builder a part of the instruments or a 3rd thing to open and own (buy) ?

word builder is built in to Backup Singers  - no manual seems to be included though so who know how it works ! sigh

1 minute ago, simon said:

word builder is built in to Backup Singers  - no manual seems to be included though so who know how it works ! sigh

seems quite logicla to use , watching a voice of opera review actually , it show how to use the builder .... i mighet be tempted by this one sounds less wack that voices of soul ..... can be great for lofi hip hop , will never use those to try to convice i have real singers , more like samples mangling here ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Zo said:

seems quite logicla to use , watching a voice of opera review actually , it show how to use the builder .... i mighet be tempted by this one sounds less wack that voices of soul ..... can be great for lofi hip hop , will never use those to try to convice i have real singers , more like samples mangling here ...

I'll give that a watch :) 

I may be alone on this but based on the video on the website, I'm not all that impressed with the transitions between words and phrases. It runs into that typical robotic blocky sound issue that a lot of the vocal libraries run into but this sounds harsher than a lot of others.

• Like 2

Well, I had a short run through and I am not overly impressed by my first encounter.  Some vowels and constants sound good but others less so. The phrases are OK and if they match what you are looking for they would be useful. Word builder at first glance is unconvincing, with practice one could tease more out of it but even the stock phrases are not that clear. To some extent one can get away with the vagueness on the choir libraries, like the bloke from 8Dio said "nobody understands what a choir is singing anyway" but here the weakness in word builder is more obvious.

I am very happy to have this available on my composer cloud subscription and it will probably get some use but I am not sure i would have bought it.

Realivox The Ladies is serious competition . There is no word builder, just stock articulations which can be chained and assigned to a keyswitch but this can be surprising versatile for la las and do wops and that sort of thing and it sounds a lot more realistic than the word builder phrases. There are also several different voices to choose from and stack if you so wish. (Needs the full version of Kontakt)

Edited by Vernon Barnes
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Well, I had a short run through and I am not overly impressed by my first encounter.  Some vowels and constants sound good but others less so. The phrases are OK and if they match what you are looking for they would be useful. Word builder at first glance is unconvincing, with practice one could tease more out of it but even the stock phrases are not that clear. To some extent one can get away with the vagueness on the choir libraries, like the bloke from 8Dio said "nobody understands what a choir is singing anyway" but here the weakness in word builder is more obvious.

tend to agree with all this (from early tests)....the preprogrammed word builder phrases aren't very good either.

but boy does C.C have an amazing voice :) and the other two are just as good !

Edited by simon