Insert New Track but Not Visible in Track View

Braden Blakley

Question

Greetings,

I have noticed a potential bug when inserting new tracks to existing projects.  This bug seems to be occurring after installation of the latest update, however I cannot definitively say it wasn't happening before.  Here are the steps where it manifests:

1. Open existing project (nothing fancy, 4-10 tracks, some soft synths, small number of plugins, only routing is to two busses, depending on channel, etc.)
  2. Click "Insert Audio Track" in the Track View window
  3. No new tracks are present, but I can see in the Inspector Window (just to the left in my setup) I can see the new track.
  4. When I switch to Console View, I can see the track

I have attached a screen shot where I highlighted the largest track number visible in Track View and the "new track" in the Inspector Window.  I confirmed the track is showing up in the Track Manager list and I didn't change (or at least I am not aware that I changed) any feature recently that would impact how tracks are inserted.  Any experience with this issue or any suggestions on troubleshooting?  I verified it is happening on multiple projects - all the same way.

Thanks in advance for assistance!

Insert Track.PNG

2 answers to this question

I'm not seeing this behaviour, it's working fine for me.

Do you have any lenses defined, or screensets or mix snapshots on that project?

There was a recent post regarding a similar issue:

It turned out to be a lense issue. Setting Lenses to None fixed it for him.

Edited by msmcleod

2 hours ago, msmcleod said:

I'm not seeing this behaviour, it's working fine for me.

Do you have any lenses defined, or screensets or mix snapshots on that project?

There was a recent post regarding a similar issue:

It turned out to be a lense issue. Setting Lenses to None fixed it for him.

That did it!  I'm a little confused as to what changed because the lenses I was using were defined weeks ago when I was setting up my mix workflow.  Thanks for posting the link and the quick reply!