TTS-1 missing

Andrzej Salm

Question

17 answers to this question

No, the plug-in is not available separately.

It is a DXi so is not scanned by the VST scanner.

It is registered during installation with the Windows program regsvr32.exe

The default install path is C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared DXi\TTS-1

If the TTS-1.dll,  tts-1-param.dat and help folder are in the TTS-1 folder, one could try manually registering the plug-in by opening up a command shell as administrator in the TTS-1 folder and type

regsvr32 TTS-1.dll

The other way to restore the plug-in is uninstall and re-install CbB.

The error seems to indicate regsvr32 was not run from the "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared DXi\TTS-1" folder.

If it is not run from the folder containing the dll, the fully qualified path name must be used.

It is extremely unusual for a DX plug-in to go "missing." What lead to this conclusion?

9 minutes ago, scook said:

It is extremely unusual for a DX plug-in to go "missing." What lead to this conclusion?

I can't see it in the Soft Synth list when I click on an audio track. It was fine some time ago, now after two or more Cakewalk updates it's gone.  I don't use it that often, so I can't pinpoint the exact time when it happened

16 minutes ago, AndyTheDude said:

It's listed there, but I can check the box next to the TTS option.

I have no idea what this is.

After creating an instrument track, there's nothing in the FX box

If FX box is the FX Rack (A and B in the image below point to effects plug-ins in FX Racks), this is to be expected. While one may add instruments to the FX Rack, this has not be common way to use synth plug-ins in many years.

Mixing.27.1.png

After creating an instrument track...no sound coming out.

How are you testing the synth? The preview buttons at the bottom of the synth UI, a MIDI clip or input from a controller.

Also, I can't change a program or bank or patch at all.

Which method are you using, the edit buttons at the top of the plug-in UI, clicking the channel strips in the plug-in UI or the bank/patch drop downs in the track inspector/header

3 minutes ago, scook said:

If the plug-in works in any project, the plug-in is installed and working.

Is the plug-in listed in the Plug-in Manager?

rR6ehLT.png

Look in the excluded list by checking "Show Excluded"

You're a star, mate! It was in my excluded list for some reason. Everything works fine now.

Thanks a mill!!!

On mine, tts stills not appearing. There's a "Groove Player"(i don't know what the hell it is) but tts is not there or any place. if you can copy the file and up to drive and send it to me will be more helpful than try to find where in my pc that gone.

Edited by KaLuh

18 minutes ago, KaLuh said:

On mine, tts stills not appearing. There's a "Groove Player"(i don't know what the hell it is) but tts is not there or any place. if you can copy the file and up to drive and send it to me will be more helpful than try to find where in my pc that gone.

You tacked this on to a thread from 2019.  Much has happened since 2019, especially in the past several months that affected TTS-1's inclusion in the current build of CbB (Cakewalk by Bandlab). 

See the following thread.  If you have an older version of CbB, perhaps you can find TTS-1.  Not sure if you only have a version after which TTS-1 was dropped.

In either case, the 2024 thread would be a better place to ask for help than a 2019 thread. 

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1