Cakewalk by Bandlab Issues / Fustrations

Tim Flannagin

Question

For the past couple of weeks I've been trying to get Cakewalk by Bandlab to run in a good way on my DAW machine. This is after almost a year of using Reaper as my main DAW. Cakewalk appeals to me due to familiarity and some pretty slick features such as Pro Channel, which I always loved.

My experience so far hasn't been as good as I'd hoped. I've had issues with crackling audio while using certain plugins, at least one flat out crash, crackling audio on a track that had a section which was copy / pasted. Just a lot of random stuff. I found that Automap (which worked with legacy Cakewalk) no longer seems to work properly. Just a lot of annoying issues.

These are issues that I really haven't had with Reaper. Same soundcard, same drivers, same plugins, better performance all the way around. So, I find it hard to believe that the machine has any real issues. Granted, it's not the latest and greatest on all fronts. Some of the components are getting quite old. However, the performance issues between CWbB versus Reaper are pretty eye opening.

Now that brings up my question: I know a great number of people are happily using CW on a daily basis with no big issues. What am I missing here? Is is such a trick to properly configure the darned program? I didn't have to jump through hoops like this in the past. I was running SPLAT on a Quad Core Intel machine with 8gb of ram not long ago. I'm running dual Xeons with 32gb and 5.75 freaking tb of HDD spread over 4 drives for pete's sake! I don't understand.

For the record, I live and breathe computers on a daily basis, so configuration and programming is my bread and butter.

Any ideas are appreciated.
Signed,

Frustrated in Louisianastan. (I'm a multi core squirrel is a single core world)

Edited by cheap_guitar
  • Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 1:32 AM, MitchNC said:

My audio engine just stops.  Then I have to:

1.  Close CW
2.  Go to Task Manager and end task, since CW will not fully close by itself
3.  Delete AUD.ini and TTSSEQ.ini
4.  Launch CW
5.  Reconfigure audio and MIDI I/O

When I was in the business, I used Sonar all day long with many plug-ins and GigaStudio running on a much less powerful machine than I have now.

I have no idea what's causing the instabilities.  I hope there's a solution.  I've only been using CW for a couple days and the crashes or sudden loss of audio engine happen several times an hour.

I experience "audio engine dropouts" repeatedly on most sessions. I'm not a computer person, just a musican, so can't help with why but it seems to be very unstable.

I'm using an HP laptop with Windows 10. Never or hardly ever actively doing anything else on it simultaneously with Cakewalk running. Always on flight mode to avoid internet based thingies getting in the way...

Hi I am trying to install Cakewalk by Bandlabs on my windows pc(windows 8.1) but getting the mentioned error:

Unable to register the DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0x3.

I went through many posts  on this issue over the internet and also checked all the forums of cakewalk and tried many solutions like reinstalling the c++ redistributable for visual studio with different versions(2010,2013 and 2015)..each at a time and also all them toghther but still getting the same error.

It would be great if I can get any help on this.

ERROR:

image.png.ece99e092e0a266394e67b626e05a823.png

My windows spec:

image.png.e54c8a636d7a054536af17b3ff25289e.png

36 minutes ago, Samrat Ghosh said:

Hi I am trying to install Cakewalk by Bandlabs on my windows pc(windows 8.1) but getting the mentioned error:

Unable to register the DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0x3.

I went through many posts  on this issue over the internet and also checked all the forums of cakewalk and tried many solutions like reinstalling the c++ redistributable for visual studio with different versions(2010,2013 and 2015)..each at a time and also all them toghther but still getting the same error.

It would be great if I can get any help on this.

ERROR:

image.png.ece99e092e0a266394e67b626e05a823.png

My windows spec:

image.png.e54c8a636d7a054536af17b3ff25289e.png

https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2016000033/Unable-to-register-the-DLL-OCX-RegSvr32-failed-with-exit-code-0x3