Trouble recognising some VSTs but others ok

EDT

Hi, I have downloaded Dexed/DX7 and also TX16Wx which have come up when scanning for VSTs. But the Awesome Piano I have downloaded (it has a .mse name) won't show up when scanning. I have tried moving the folders extracted from the zip file into the common files folder and to the VST2 and VST3 folder but to no avail. 

Is it simply that .mse files aren't compatible with Cakewalk?

I grabbed the Awesome Piano (VST2 64).zip  from https://sites.google.com/site/digitalsystemic/home/awesome-piano

Copying the Awesome Piano (VST2 64) folder and its content into the scan path CbB picked up the plug-in OK. It is important to copy all the contents of this zip.

The Awesome Piano (VST2 64) folder contains the VST called Awesome Piano.dll and a folder called Awesome Instruments which contains Awesome Piano.mse a data file used by the plug-in.

VST2 plug-ins have a .dll extension. VST3 plug-ins should have a .vst3 extension. Other supporting files may be included with the plug-in such as the .mse file in this case.

• Like 1

Hmm,..still no luck with this. I have copied the contents of the downloaded folders to the program files/Cakewalk/vstplugins folder but it still doesn't show up when I scan or go into the VST Manager.

Same problem with TAL-Bassline.

Oddly, Dexed/DX7 is fine and is visible in the same folder (program files/Cakewalk/vstplugins) which I have copied the others to.

I downloaded TAL-BassLine-x64.zip from https://tal-software.com/products/tal-bassline

The zip contains a single file - TAL-BassLine.dll - the VST plug-in.

After copying it into the scan path, the plug-in scanned OK.

Both of the plug-ins mentioned should not be a problem. You may want to run a VST Reset and generate a scan log to see what the scanner is doing. To run a reset, open VST Settings in Preferences verify "Scan in Sandbox" and "Generate Scan Log" are enabled then click the Reset button. When the scan completes there should be a message telling you where to find the log.

• Like 1