Forever ongoing problem

Uneasy

I am using Cakewlk -> Sonar for I don't even remember how long, I always had the same problem over and over again. After all this years I am going to ask for help. 

The way I record midi is layer on layer. So after some recordings I have couple of layers on the top of each other. How on earth I can  switch between which layer is in the top for selection ? Is there any way?  Like e.g. I want to select layer that is below visible layer how do I do that ? 

I am not sure if I mean the same thing, but when I edit a MIDI clip, then as a result there are often several clip (layers) on each other. I handle it like that: I select the region in question in the time line and then the track with the clip and use bounce to clip. As a result I have only one single clip with all the combined MIDI data !

Focus the track and hit Shift+T to show lanes. Each clip should be in its own lane. If not, you can click + to create new lanes, and shift+drag the clips to their own lanes. To get the desired result on new tracks, right-click the Record button to open record preferences, and choose 'Create New Lane' under Take Behavor.