Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'audio engine'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • General
    • News & Announcements
    • Product Release Info
    • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Cakewalk Products
    • Cakewalk by BandLab
    • Instruments & Effects
    • Feedback Loop
  • Community
    • Content
    • Tutorials
    • Songs
    • General Music Discussion

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



About Me

Found 2 results

  1. Hi Everyone, Hoping someone can assist me with an issue I'm having in Cakewalk 2020.09 version. My total project has about 67 Tracks. 3 of those tracks have Take Lanes which have not yet been committed (Flatten) as I'm currently working on comps for various background vocal harmonies. The tracks are as follows: Track 55 has 15 Take Lanes Track 56 has 31 Take Lanes Track 57 has 63 Take Lanes The playback audio engine worked excellent when playing the entire project until I finished recording Track 57's 63 Lanes. After recording and hitting playback, the Audio Engine Drops Out about 2 seconds in. I did not have this issue before recording the last Track's takes. I noticed if I Archive Track 57 the entire project plays smoothly again with no issues. I haven't been able to figure out which Take Lane(s) within Track 57 are causing the issue. Anyone else ever experienced this? Here are my system specs: Cakewalk by Bandlab 2020.09 ROG Rampage V Edition 10 Motherboard Intel 17-6950X CPU 10 Core/ 20 Thread/ 40 Lanes 128GB G. Skill DDR4 3200Mhz Memory Nvidia RTX 2070 Super GPU Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2 SSD (5) WD 1TB Black Drives SoundGrid Studio 64 Channel DSP Waves SoundGrid Extreme Server V2 DigiGrid IOX 12 Channel I/O (Master Clock) E-MU 1820 Interface
  2. So I have a recently built PC running with an AMD Ryzen 2600 and 64G of Ram with the SSL2+ with all drivers updated. Bandlab was running incredibly efficiently until up until the recent update. Here's what's happening. When I open a project, large or small, the audio engine is stopped. When i press play, the application hangs and hangs for a good while and I get the 'Unable to open audio record device. Device may not support the current project's audio format or may be in use.' message. After I close that message, the application appears to be working normally, I can move the cursor around and hover etc. but the audio engine is still not enabled. My workaround has been to go into my driver settings and re-choose ASIO (even though it's already selected). Once I do this, the application again hangs for a good while (maybe 30 seconds or more). Then I'm able to click 'Apply' (then it'll hang again) and after the hang click 'Close' and then the audio engine will be okay unless I click on any windows folder outside of the app. Once BL is finally open, it does work as it should, but it will at times all of a sudden just hang and I have to repeat the above process. I have the sample rate set to 44.1 throughout my entire system, no drivers shared, no other audio devices active except the SSL. When i test the SSL, it's working properly outside of CW. Very frustrating and time consuming when it was running like a dream weeks ago!
  • Create New...