Jump to content

davet

Members
  • Content Count

    95
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

17 Good

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Max, I've been burned a few times when I didn't re-wind a project prior to a stereo export, then wondered why only part of the song would play. Now it's become a habit to re-wind before I do exports, freezes and the like. Glad to hear it's working!
  2. OK, I understand the issue now. Have you checked the event viewer in the bass MIDI track for odd events, disabled any effects on the track? You do rewind the project to the beginning prior to the freeze? There are a bunch of controls in Trilian. Have you tinkered with something new in Trilian that you never used before? I've been using Trilian for years and I've never seen this late thing happen.
  3. I've always used at least 2 measures at the beginning of a song, usually 3. That said I don't freeze tracks very often. BTW, have you patched Trilian with the latest updates? I did mine a few weeks ago.
  4. Windows might have changed the drive letter where the samples are stored. Missing files or projects messages happen to me once in a while if I've tinkered with the drive letters on external drives.
  5. I'll get this after I tinker with the external USB drives I use for recordings or general data use. Sometimes I don't plug the USB drives back into port Bandlab expects to see and Windows renames the drive letter. Browsing for a project usually straightens everything out.
  6. Opened a project this morning where the Trilian Bass synth track was in freeze mode. Did an unfreeze and 12 measures of MIDI data at the beginning of the track is missing. The MIDI track is still at it's proper length and Trilian plays normally beginning at measure 13. I can see data all the way to the end, looks normal from measure 13. Pretty sure I bounced all the bass track data to clips long ago. When I "undo" the unfreeze thing the track reverts to audio data and it plays just as it should from the beginning. Anyone else experience this or know how to fix it? TIA
  7. Searched and found this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023814/some-versions-of-windows-10-display-a-notification-to-install-the-late It appears you haven't done the Windows 10 updates?
  8. davet

    Roll Back

    Randall, I keep backups of old versions on my PC. I got the impression there was a formal drop down menu function built in. Something like "clean the audio disk". Thanx for the reply.
  9. Someone posted a comment a while back about a version Roll Back. I've searched the current reference guide, poked around the program and the assistant. I don't see it. Anyone know where it is? Thanx
  10. Yup, this has been a PITA for years. A "Stop" marker would be helpful.
  11. Thanks for the follow up. Lots of adapters involved. I'll check the RME forum to see if there's a significant performance increase over USB.
  12. Configure your browser so downloads are delivered you your desktop. You can adjust settings in Chrome to do this. Pretty sure Edge will too.
  13. I'm surprised you got playback to work. The common wisdom over on GearSlutz is PC Thunderbolt to Firewire will never work. I was looking into this subject because I bought a new HP Laptop with Thunderbolt that was supported by UAD. I had considered jumping ship from my RME UCX to UAD Apollo but never pulled the trigger. So, I looked around for an adapter, cable or some way to experiment with Thunderbolt to RME Firewire. All I could find was a Startech TB to FW box that was $300.00. Moreover all the GearSlutz talk on the subject said Nada, Ziltch, No Way, won't work. But hey, if you get working properly let us know!!
  14. I did complain to Bandlab months ago the first time I ran into the Assistant update issue. I asked why they didn't simply post a link to an update file like other vendors do. They were concerned that an update file could get posted at some unsavory website where it might be tampered with. I suppose that could happen, but all the years I've been downloading "updates" I've never seen a file manipulated this way. Maybe other people get their updates where ever they can, but I get mine from the vendor I'm working with. Bandlab, Toontracks, RME, Spectrasonic, etc. BTW, I had to update the latest Assistant using my method. It's a PITA but certainly not a deal breaker for software like Bandlab.
×
×
  • Create New...