Jump to content

Bad Penguin

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bad Penguin

  1. Ok, so no MIDI six-packs . . . With T&S gone, what are the best/most-cost-efficient options for the EBX Value Pack (3 ebx's)?
  2. Being relatively new to SD, I understand that previously there was a very short time in which upgrades were being offered, and I suspect that will likely be the case with EZ3, and eventually SD4. So I can slowly start putting some $ aside now, how bad will the upgrade to SD4 likely be?
  3. Re VM, any thoughts on this? Seems to be the 92% discount deal: PSP Ultimate Modular Collection
  4. Bad Penguin

    Softube Vol 5

    Am unfamiliar with their new version release schedule and their 50% sale schedule. Possible Vol 6 by BF with 50% off, for those who can be patient?
  5. Received e-mail from Spitfire Audio. Again, sorry if this has already been posted, took a quick look and I didn't see it. In which case, I guess this post is just a reminder. I don't have any of the $29 libraries. Suggestions/recommendations on which two to get (one for $29 + free $10 gift card; the second for $19 using the $10 giftcard)? Receive a Free $10 Gift Card With Any Originals or SA Collaboration
  6. K13 Standard for $199 certainly does seem like a very good deal!!! Perhaps it means K14 is just around the corner (October?) ? I was able to get K13 Standard for $300 ($100 for K13 Select + $200 upgrade to K13 Standard) during NI's 2021 Summer of Sound. I would love to get me some MPS 4.1, but recent pricing has not been good enough to entice me . . . think I will just wait for K14 Ultimate to see which (if any) Izotope products may be included (maybe MPS 4.2/5.0?), then hang on for the next (June 2023?) SOS 50% sale. Congrats to all who can get in on K13 Standard for $199!
  7. Not certain if this has been posted yet, but is one I was missing SSL Native Vocalstrip 2
  8. If I ultimately plan on obtaining AVOX 4, does it make any sense to go for this? Will having this reduce my cost of AVOX? I know some publishers, if you own one/a few of the items in a bundle, will offer a discount to get the remaining items in the bundle. (already got CodeMeter Runtime running . . .)
  9. Got this in this afternoon's e-mail, don't know if it is anything new, or a deal for those who have NI K but no MPS: ADD IZOTOPE TOOLS TO YOUR STUDIO Even if you already have all the KOMPLETE instruments and effects you need, we’d like to give you an exclusive discount on iZotope’s Music Production Suite 4.1. Get a host of creative tools including Ozone 9, Nectar 3, And RX 9, and save 80%. Offer ends March 22. Was there a "better" deal for the "Everything Bundle"? Given all the recent (BF/CM) sales, I think that about $215 was the best price for MPS "upgrade" for those with Izotope freebies. Seems like this "version" (tied to NI K?) might be harder to resell in the future, if necessary? Speculation about K14 and Izotope?
  10. One wonders if you can cancel on day 1 or 2, or if you have to wait until day 13 . . .
  11. What you talkin bout Willis?!
  12. and then to the question Answer: By knowing the "type" of company I would be dealing with. The difference between someone like OTS and IKM. I will gladly do business with OTS, while I will not even d/l any freebies from IKM.
  13. Well, from my perspective, transparency. They knew it was within a few months of End-of-Life, and this was not communicated, irrespective of costs/total-costs between ver 2 and ver 1 + upgrade. IMHO would have been much better for them to say ver 1 is EOL, but ver 1 sale price + ver 2 upgrade price will = ver 2 price. $ is not the problem, lack of transparency/respect for customers is.
  14. Would have been nice of them to tell us this. "Transparency," what a concept. SD3 and SSS1 will be enough for me. Not paying $70 for an "upgrade" on a $49 product. So glad I didn't previously fall for their "Four for three" sales pitch. Doubt I will ever purchase anything from them again.
  15. For those of us of more modest means who are willing to take a chance and be patient, one potential option might be to presently purchase a SoundToys gift-card for ~$200 (with those monies being donated by ST), and wait until BF/CM in the "hope" that ST will again offer the Bundle for ~$229. This would still allow a (more modest) donation to be made, and the Donor to (possibly/eventually) obtain the Bundle for $229 vice $499. From the e-mail ST sent me:
  16. Bad Penguin

    Kontakt 50% off

    But . . . is it a good witch, or a bad witch?
  17. Here we go again with my GAS and FOMO . . . I'm certain $29 is a "fair price", but I was able to get the entirety of FX Collection 2 for $69 - a little more than twice what is being asked for this single effect . . .
  18. 😞 Have heard good things about GM, hoping they're true. Received a 33% discount code for signing up to their newsletter. Discount won't apply to the MegaPack. Fair enough, I guess. But, I am pretty certain that previously they offered other discount codes (15%? 20%?) that did apply to the MegaPack, bringing the cost down to the $120-ish range. When it gets to that price-point again, I hope I am still interested.
  19. Ok, so where do I get me some (and at what cost) "unlicensed Mixbus32C software" ?
  20. Know I want it, question is if I can wait for a (hopeful) GroupBuy in about 4-5 months . . . Gotta start collecting Orange Slices . . .
  21. Pulled the trigger on: SSL Native X-Comp SSL Native X-EQ 2 SSL Native X-Phase 20% tax was removed by the time it came to actually pay. Already own SSL Native X-Saturator & SSL Native Drumstrip, so I guess I am halfway "there" . . . hope I have enough GAS to continue . . .
  22. Is X-Phase @ $24.99 a part of SSL's 3 for 2 deal? It isn't "officially" listed as an eligible product. Did you place all 3 in your cart and see the 3-for-2 pricing? EDIT --> Appears to work for plugins not "officially" listed. Added 25 + 30 + 40 = 95 - 25 = 70 BUT charging me 20% ($14) tax, for a total of $84 ?!
  • Create New...